Seminar Title: Business Analytics Fundamentals: Effective Use of Information to Drive Positive Business Performance
When: May 3, 2011; 9 am — 4 pm
Where: ASMI: The Performance Conference, Chicago, IL
Research shows that companies using business analytics, predictive tools and root cause analysis as part of their scorecard and BPM efforts achieve greater performance improvements than those using only scorecards. This interactive course introduces attendees to concepts of business intelligence, business analytics, data visualization, and how to effectively leverage information for business advantage.
It covers collecting the data required for business analytics, common challenges and how to overcome them, and best practices for implementing business analytics to achieve improved business performance. Case studies demonstrate how leading companies use business analytics and the benefits they derive from doing so.
Exercises provide an opportunity for attendees to apply analytic concepts to their own situations. Live demonstrations will present leading-edge analytic tools and actual techniques.
During this seminar, you will:
- See highlights of a recently completed research study on how companies are using analytics in conjunction with their BPM program to achieve superior business results
- Hear examples of how successful organizations can leverage analytics for competitive advantage
- Identify essential elements of a business analytics program
- Discover common business and technical challenges to implementing business analytics
- Understand the role of data visualization in “telling the story” contained in data